Here are some important facts about Moldova, that you must know before coming here:
- Moldova is a state in Eastern Europe, very close to the Black Sea.
- Chisinau is the capital and the largest city of Moldova. Located in the middle of the country, on the river Bîc, Chisinau is the main industrial and commercial center of the country.
- Moldova is bordered by Romania on the west and Ukraine on the north, east and south.
- MDL, is the official currency of Moldova.
- Romanian is the official language of Moldova. Russian is also widely spoken in the country, both as a first and second language. Ukrainian and Gagauz are recognized minority languages.
- The Republic of Moldova propagates freedom in religion. However, Moldova mainly recognizes two religions; namely, Christianity and Judaism.
- It is one of the most densely populated European countries, with a population of 4.1 million, including the breakaway Transnistrian region
Useful links: http://www.moldova.md/en/home/