The University has set up a permanent, dynamic network for the development and management of international relations in all departments. At a central level, international policy is designed and carried out by the Center for International Cooperation of the University, coordinated by the Vice-Rector in charge of international relations and accountable directly to the Rector.
The Center for International Cooperation now acts as a promoter of the continuous academic, scientific and cultural innovation within the university, which aims to consolidate its international competitiveness.
The Centre for International Cooperation coordinates and supports the different forms of international cooperation Free International University is involved in:
- developing, promoting and implementing the internationalisation strategy of Free International University of Moldova. The emphasis of its activities falls on co-ordination and management of the University’s student, teacher and researcher exchanges within different EU and non-EU programmes, as well as within the University’s bilateral agreements;
- strengthening cooperation with foreign education institutions, by maintaining and developing relations with partner universities or organizations and establishing new collaboration, both at European and at international level;
- increasing ULIM’s international visibility by organizing symposia, conferences and summer schools with international attendance, by editing valuable publications, as well as by systematically updating the CCI website and constantly improving the department’s website, so as to reflect the entire international activity of ULIM;
- to enhance the university’s reputation by disseminating results obtained by the international academic community;
- developing the bilateral relations with diplomatic missions in the Republic of Moldova;
- assisting academic staff, as well as students in designing, developing, implementing and auditing projects with financing from the EU or other sources;
- coordinating, managing and evaluating the European programmes, promoting international participation of the University in international programmes such as ERASMUS, CEEPUS, LEONARDO, DAAD, etc.;
- fostering the University’s affiliation to new academic and professional international networks;
- developing the University’s network of international cultural centers;
- developing the University’s multicultural side by organizing cultural and educative events;
- promoting the joint degrees and joint research programmes;
- promoting the University’s offer of educational programmes abroad;
- informing the students, lecturers on the opportunities of international co-operation, providing the possibility of studying and experiencing a different educational culture and university environment;
- providing prospective international students, lecturers, professors, with information about ULIM study programmes and admission procedures;
- promoting interaction among international students, associate lecturers and professors and the local community;
- offering comprehensive advice to international students and staff before leaving home, upon arrival in Chisinau and during their stay here;
- offering cultural adjustment counseling to the newcomers;
- organizing orientation seminars and systematic meetings with international students;
- editing and publishing materials for international students and teaching staff.